The account settings page permits to see the account details and set the communication configurations (emails, SMS, schedules and webhooks).
The purpose of this feature is increase the information exchange that is currently possible.
For this release, users will be able to define Webhooks only for 2 types of events:
1. Alerts notifications
2. Data Quality notifications
Those will be configured the same way as we configure the Email and SMS notifications.
In this version, users will have to create the structure of the HTTP POST that will be made.
1.2. Security considerations
The CRUD operations are only available for Manager.
Users are only able to retrieve the list of configured Webhooks to use them in Alert and Data Quality notifications.
1.3. Failures and retry
When an error occurs, the system will automatically retry one time after 10 seconds then 4 times at 10 minutes interval.
If the system encounters 5 errors consecutively, the webhook will be disabled in order. A manager has to fix the issue and can re-enable the webhook manually.
2. User Interface Components
2.1 Account Settings
The configuration of the webhooks is done in the Account settings page. The webhook tab contains the list of webhooks and a button to create new ones.
The table displays the following fields:
1. The name of the webhook. Displayed as a link that opens the popup to edit the webhook
2. Event Type: shows if the webhook is for Alert or Data Quality
3. 30 Days Status: shows the amount of successful and/or failed calls to the webhooks in the last 30 days. The call history is only kept for 30 days after which it is automatically deleted. The value is a link as soon as there is effectively some history to open the history modal.
4. State: shows if the webhook is enabled or disabled. Not that a webhook can be disabled by the system if it fails 5 time consecutively
5. Delete button.
The popup lets you specify the information that we need to perform the HTTP request.
In terms of authentication, we only support Basic authentication (or no authentication at all).
You can also choose to send the data in JSON or XML. In this case the body editor will use the proper syntax highlight and the according Content-Type header will be set on the request.
Below the body editor is a list, organized by entity, of the different fields placeholders that you can add on the body. To add a field, position the cursor where you want in the body and click on the corresponding button.
Finally, there is a test button that allows you to validate your configuration before saving.
That popup lets you see the execution history of the webhooks for the last 30 days.
For each line on the left, you can see the request and the response
3. API Definition
The API contains all the operations that can be done through the UI.
Special note on the test endpoints. When you create a test with the POST, the API returns an ID that should be used in the GET which will either return 204 (No Content) if the test has not been executed yet or a object that is similar to a webhook history.
Opisense can by linked to external service to push or pull data:
AZURE TABLE STORAGE
YOU KNOW WATT
Those connections can be done as an account level by managers, or at a user level by any users.
At an account level go on Account > Settings > and click on the Add External Service button. in the pop-up click on the service you want to add.
1.1 URL: enter the URL of the FTP, without http. A path can be specified here, if you need several files, just create several FTP in your account. The path can also be set at a report level.
1.2 Type: Opisense supports FTP, SFTP and FTPS
- For FTP and FTPS, just enter the credentials of the FTP and click on Save.
- For SFTP a certificate should be added in the format OpenSSH.
A OpenSSH key always starts by « -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----». You can convert a key into OpenSSH format with PuTTY Key Generator (puttygen) https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
- Launch puttygen
- Import the certificate to convert with the menu Conversions [Symbol] Import key
- Export OpenSSH key
Once the FTP is defined, it can be used on each reports. Learn more about Report notifications.